Significance Of Durga:-
Durga is the consort of Lord Shiva, the destroyer. Dressed in red, the Mother Goddess represents power. She took birth to kill a demon named Mahishasura, and hence, she is hailed as Mahishasura Mardini. The pictorial depiction of the Goddess shows her with ten hands holding different weapons that symbolise the following:
- A chakra or discus represents uprightness
- The conch represents harmony
- The bow and arrow represent energy
- Vajra or thunderbolt symbolises stability
- Lotus represents detachment
- Sword symbolises enlightenment
- Trishul depicts the Sattvic, Rajasic and Tamasic gunas
- Gada or mace represents loyalty
- A pot of fire represents wisdom
- Abhaya Mudra symbolises protection
Goddess Durga’s vehicle or vahana is a lion that symbolises courage. This form of the Mother Goddess shows the power and strength of the feminine.
Clean Gently with a sponge dipped in a non caustic soapy water. and let it set dry. Do not rub to dry.
Wash with plain water and wipe off with dry cloth.
If You have Any questions you can contact us here Like Us of Facebook
There are no reviews yet.