Brass Panchmukhi Hanuman:
Significance Of Panchmukhi Hanuman:
Panchamukhi Hanuman is the form of Hanuman which represents five faces of the lord. There’s an interesting story behind this. According to the legend, Lord Hanuman adopted the 5-faced avatar in order to rescue Lord Rama from Ahiravana – the lord of hell
Five faces staring in different directions, often holding the spectator in awe. The Panchmukhi Hanuman or the Panchamukhi Anjaneya is believed to be one of his virat (gigantic) forms. Some even believe that there are two forms of Panchmukhi Hanuman. Five majestic faces all belonging to Hanuman is one form while the second is the more popular one. Five majestic faces, each belonging to different gods:
- Lord Hanuman: He faces eastwards with steadfast devotion. Worshipping Hanuman helps one to get rid of one’s sins and bestows peace, purity, happiness, and fulfillment.
- Lord Narasimha: One of the many avatars of Lord Vishnu, this lion form is south facing. Lord Vishnu took this form to protect his devotee, Prahlada. Worshipping Narasimha removes fear. Fearlessness and victory are the blessings showered on the devotee.
- Lord Garuda: Facing west, the Garuda or eagle is part of the Panchmukhi Hanuman manifestation. He offers protection from negative influences, black magic, and evil spirits.
- Lord Adivaraha: The boar is another manifestation and is believed to remove the bad effects of planetary movements. Facing the north, Varaha bestows wealth and prosperity.
- Lord Hayagriva: The form of the horse faces upward, blessing one with knowledge, progeny and liberation.
There is yet another depiction of the Panchmukhi Hanuman which incorporates Lord Ganesh. One face is depicted as half-Hanuman and half-Ganesha. The navagrahas (nine planets) do not have any influence over both these powerful deities. This form is considered to be a rare and powerful manifestation of the Panchmukhi Hanuman. The Panchmukhi Hanuman is magnificent and awe-inspiring. This form arose at the time in patala when Vayu Putra Hanuman was charged with the responsibility of saving Lord Ram’s life. Little wonder that this form is endowed with many weapons like the parashu (battle axe), chakra (disc), gada (mace), trishul (trident) and the khanda (sword)
Brass Panchmukhi HanumanIdol
Wipe & Clean with Dry Cloth, do not use steel wool or wire mesh and any harsh chemicals for cleaning it.